The purpose of the Assessment and Measurement SIG is to provide a forum where AARE members with an interest in educational assessment and measurement can meet to discuss relevant research, theory and its implications for classroom practice, and assessment policy.
Qualitative and quantitative approaches across all phases of education to:
- classroom assessment, and
- standardised assessment in education.
- approaches to formative and summative assessment including the relationship between assessment and learning;
- self- and peer assessment;
- the impact of assessment on student learning;
- the design of assessments;
- the use of critieria and standards;
- standards-setting procedures;
- moderation practices;
- the use of data;
- measures of validity, reliability and fairness of assessment;
- reporting practices; and
- the role and relationship of teachers, students and parents in assessment practices.